Peer mentoring helps professionals develop partnerships and grow their network. The ILN uses a model where all participants are treated as equals who have valuable experiences to share. This means that partners are not placed into established mentor/protégé roles, but rather are encouraged to view their partnership as a way to learn from each other; all are mentors and all are protégés.
So why participate in the ILN peer mentoring program?
Through the ILN program you can:
- Rediscover your own valuable skills by sharing your experiences with your partner
- Gain new perspectives on your profession
- Build your professional network with colleagues around the globe
- Find new ideas that you can use in your library
- Develop new professional skills
Need more reasons to apply, check out our report, Rethinking Mentoring: online, international peer-mentoring with the International Librarians Network
Interested? Applications are now open for the next round of the ILN – it’s an amazing opportunity to get your very own international peer-mentor (and be one too) and it’s completely free. But hurry applications must close Sunday 7 August 2016!