We’ve had some great success with sharing the responsibility for promoting the ILN with our Country Coordinator network and we’d now like to expand our group of volunteers by bringing a Social Media Coordinator into our team.
The ILN social media coordinator will be responsible for managing the ILN social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. The coordinator will have a good understanding of effective methods for using these social media tools to communicate with current and potential participants and be able to work as a part of the wider ILN coordinator team. The social media coordinator is also expected to contribute content to the website and online discussions.
The social media coordinator is expected to:
- Manage communication via the ILN’s social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Attract social media engagement and recruit program participants by using the social media accounts effectively and engagingly to showcase ILN content and other library and information news.
- Act as a point of contact for participants and potential participants via social media, providing advice about the program and referring queries to the program and country coordinators when appropriate.
- Liaise with the program coordinators on a weekly basis (or more often as needed)
- Contribute to online discussion topics on social media and the ILN blog
- Write a guest blog post about professional issues once per round
- Abide by the ILN’s social media policy and code of conduct
- Other duties as negotiated
We think the average time demand per day would be about 1/2 hour.
Does this sound like you so far? Then read on!
The interested person should:
- Have a working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and a sound understanding how to use each of these tools effectively to maximise engagement.
- Have an active interest in professional development within the library sector
- Maintain an awareness of news, current events and emerging developments within the library sector
- Be familiar with library and information community networks on social media
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Be comfortable using new communication technologies as they develop
How to apply
Send an expression of interest (EOI) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The EOI should include:
- A copy of your Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume including details of any relevant professional experience or volunteering work.
- A statement (up to 300 words) on what you hope to bring to the position.
- Links to your personal or professional social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn