We’ve featured a few sites before that talk about the many strange questions we get asked in libraries. So this recent post from Sue Green on the National Library of Australia blog caught our eye. Sue shared the top 5 most unusual questions she had been asked on the foyer information desk at the National Library. They were:
1. Are there books in the library?
2. What sort of leaves (as opposed to what sort of trees) are on the trees opposite the Library?
3. I want to obtain a replica of the retro 1960’s chair that was once used in the Manuscripts Reading Room.
4. I want to know about your wooden floors for my house.
5. I need to return an inter-library loan that was borrowed in 1983.
Visit the NLA blog to find out how Sue answered these queries and share with us in the comments: what’s an unusual question you’ve been asked in a library?