It seems almost impossible to believe how quickly the time has flown by – but we realised that two years and three days ago we launched this website and the very first call for applications.
The last two years have seen the program grow and develop far beyond anything we could have imagined so to celebrate the ILN’s second birthday we would like to share some of those incredible things with you:
- Over the last 2 years we have held 4 rounds of the program
- Those 4 rounds have provided connections for over 1500 participants from 103 countries on 5 continents.
- Of those participants, over 80% plan to enrol for another round.
- Our web presence has grown dramatically since we launched this website and our Twitter account – we now have nearly 1400 Twitter followers and over 3300 Facebook likes.
- This website has received 125,000 hits including visits from all over the globe; every country except 11 of them.
But yet whilst some things change, the important things remain the same:
- We stay committed to our key values, this illustration was done by @thelibrarykim at the very first presentation we did about the ILN. It is just as accurate today as it was the day she drew it.
- The ILN remains 100% volunteer run AND remains completely free to participate.
In case you’ve missed it, we are calling now for application for our next round. It’s already shaping up to be our best yet.
Thank you to everyone who has been a part of the ILN community over the last two years – we couldn’t have done it without you. Frankly, I can’t wait to see what the next year will bring…
– Kate Byrne
ILN Co-Founder and Program Coordinator