We’ve been doing a lot of strategic planning for 2015 and that includes looking at lots and lots of data. In the last two years we’ve had over 1,500 participants from 102 countries take part in the program. We survey participants twice every round and as a result, we have lots of survey responses that give us valuable information about how well the program meets out communities needs. So we’ve been thinking about data visualisations and how we can use some of this data (anonymously of course) to help tell the ILN story.
So we’ve found some great lists of inspiring data visualisations that are encouraging us to go beyond excel in 2015:
- The collection of videos of Hans Rosling and the GapMinder team (such as the one above) that remind us how powerful data can be as a storytelling tool, when you lift it up off the page.
- This list over at Flowing Data of the best data visualisations of 2014.
- MobileViz – a site dedicated to sharing outstanding examples of mobile friendly data visualisation
- The website showcasing the selection for the Information is Beautiful Awards 2014
We’ve also been exploring some of the many tools on offer such as these lists of tools:
- Computer World’s list of 30+ free tools for data visualisation and analysis
- Creative Bloq’s 36 tools for data visualisation
So tell us, do you have a favourite data visualisation or data visualisation tool?