Our current program participants have reached the end of this round of the program. We hope that over the last four months you’ve learned something new about another part of the world, and about another part of library land. We hope that you were able to share experiences and ideas with your ILN partner. Most of all, we hope that you gained something from your participation in the program.
For the final discussion topic we’re asking our participants to reflect on their experiences of being part of the ILN. The importance of reflection on our professional practice can’t be understated. It is through reflection that we consolidate our learning and evaluate our activities. Training courses and professional development should always include time for reflection on what was learned and, importantly, what remains to be learnt.
We would like our participants to think about and discuss the following questions:
- What did you learn about the library profession in your partner’s country?
- What did you learn about your partner’s workplace?
- What professional issues do you have in common with your partner?
- What professional issues are different for your partner?
- What was new or different for you about participating in the ILN?
- What are the things you’ve wondered about throughout the program but have never asked?