February is the final month of round 1 of the ILN program. Which means it’s time for us to take a moment to reflect on the program and our experience.
The importance of reflection on our professional practice can’t be understated. It is through reflection that we consolidate our learning and evaluate our activities. Training courses and professional development should always include time for reflection on what was learned and, importantly, what remains to be learnt.
This month we’re asking our participants to reflect on their experiences of being part of the ILN over the last six months. Since September each of you has, hopefully, gotten to know a librarian in another country. How was this experience for you? Think about and discuss the following questions:
- What did you learn about the library profession in your partner’s country?
- What did you learn about your partner’s workplace?
- What professional issues do you have in common with your partner?
- What professional issues are different for your partner?
- What was new or different for you about participating in the ILN?
- What are the things you’ve wondered about throughout the program but have never asked?
So tell us, what have you gotten from the ILN over the last six months?